Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bittersweet


In one week I will be back home in Irmo, SC.  I don’t know where the time has gone because it feels like I just got here.  It is very bittersweet because I CAN NOT wait to see my family and friends but it will also be very hard to say by to my family and friends here and the city that I have come to love over the past 4 months.  Home and here are completely different worlds but I love each one in unique ways.  I have grown a lot this semester, being able to travel between countries with ease, adapt to new situations, and most importantly communicate in another language.  I decided to make a list of favorites about Spain and home.


Spain:
-TORTILLA de patatas haha (love those Wednesday bocadillos yall)
- paella
-beach a few strides away from home
-palm trees galore
-siestas
-precious Spanish puppies everywhere!
-speaking in Spanish
And most importantly my amazing friends that I have made throughout this semester and sweet Paco and Pepa.  I will miss them so much.   
It's potatoes... it's eggs. It's two things I love rolled up in one!



Home:
-chick-fil-a
-ranch dressing
-diet coke and diet dr. pepper 
-green grass everywhere
-3g (as in I don’t have to search for wifi to use my phone! What a groundbreaking concept)
- free water
-America (just in general! I love our country)
-sweet tea
-southern accents and kind manners

YUM! can't wait 
(and also can't decide if it's bad that half my list for each country consists of food..?)



And this list for America could go on and on!  

I can’t wait to see my family and friends and be reunited with my home and all the things I know and love.  I am so thankful for my experience abroad because it has taught me a lot and made me do things I wouldn’t normally have a chance to do.  However, I know I will return to Spain one day and see my friends I’ve made back home in the U.S. of A. (we already have road trips planned!)  So for me the bitter sweet is more sweet because I know I will enjoy the friends I’ve made here for  years to come and take the memories with me for a lifetime.  

So it’s not a good bye to Spain and friends, 
it’s hasta luego – because I will see y’all again soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment